• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Kelli responded  · 

Thanks to all of you who voted for this feature. We are currently reviewing the best way to implement the trial balance report and we would like to get your input. Please take a moment to comment on the following questions:

1) How do you use the trial balance report?
    2) How often do you use the report?
    3) Are there any other reports you use in conjunction with the trial balance report?

Thanks!

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob Dirne commented  · 

I vote yes, my accountant had to spend extra work to produce one himself.

• John commented  · 

I vote yes to this

• Reba Collins commented  · 

Accountant needs this report - it also helps me see if I've posted something incorrectly. This goes hand-in-hand with the P&L and Balance Sheet.

• Jeff kilzer commented  · 

1) The trial balance is an internal document—it stays in the accounting department. It is a listing of all of the accounts in the general ledger (balance sheet accounts and income statement accounts) and their respective balances as of a specified point in time, such as June 30, 2006. The purpose of the trial balance is to document that the total amount of account balances with debit balances is equal to the total of amount of account balances with credit balances.
        2) Accountants mostly use it and mostly at tax time.
        3) Balance Sheet and income statement

• Chris Davis commented  · 

1) the trial balance report is the only report my accountant asks for - he uses this report to do all of my taxes.

2) I only use this report once a year, but it is the most important report to me

3) no

please implement this as soon as possible so I can sign up for a full year subscription on your software - everything else you have is excellent.

• Michael commented  · 

my accountant needs it
        accounting software without a trial balance report!!

• Alan Mills commented  · 

Isn't a trial balance report what you get when you run a balance sheet report for a given date?

Feedback and Knowledge Base