• google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JohnJohn commented  · 

please implement ASAP

• Jack BJack B commented  · 

I too am running a small business and I agree completely with Elite Design Solutions, I can't think of any business that wants to pay sales tax before it's even collected. Requests here do not seem to make a difference.
        In fact I haven't received notice of any changes in a year and my subscription is almost up. Year end would be a good time to switch.
        I will definitely take a look at the other 2 you mentioned by Elite Design Solutions.

• Elite Design SolutionsElite Design Solutions commented  · 

I'm seriously considering switching to beancruncher.com or manager.io. They both support the cash basis accounting and since this request was first brought up almost 5 years ago, it doesn't seem to be a top priority. It seems to me that most small businesses would benefit from this and especially since they are the core user group of workingpoint.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Please upvote. As a small business owner it doesn't help me to pay sales tax on unpaid invoices and it's a major PITA come tax time if I have invoices that have not been paid.

• cervercerver commented  · 

yes this is a must and i may have to switch because of it. it should be a VERY easy thing to add. reports just need to filter out unpaid invoices and bills.

• Jeff BJeff B commented  · 

This is a must. I don't want to switch away from WorkingPoint but I might have to since it does not have this option.

• JeffJeff commented  · 

I agree. This would be a very useful feature for small businesses. Please add an option for cash based accounting.

• David PuckettDavid Puckett commented  · 

+1 on the huge headache for small business to convert to cash basis at tax time. My accountant has told me that for a small business cash basis is the only way to go.

• TonyTony commented  · 

Question for Working Point Support...is there a workaround for cash basis when generating reports?

• Elite Design SolutionsElite Design Solutions commented  · 

As a small business owner, the cash basis system is a must for me. I would hate to switch from WorkingPoint but the accrual system is causing way too much of a headache around tax time.

• Van GaleVan Gale commented  · 

Wow. Voting on this is like voting to add a chart of accounts feature. This isn't a "nice feature to have".

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Can't use WorkingPoint without this. Too bad.

• LeslieLeslie commented  · 

This seems like this should be an option. Most small professional services business run on a cash basis.

My accountant is going to charge me to convert from accrual to cash. So, I am losing money by using WorkingPoint.

• Jim ThiessenJim Thiessen commented  · 

I would also like to see a cash based accounting method. This is starting to cause problems with my accounting.

• affreeman1959affreeman1959 commented  · 

This is a big one for me. I just realized today that WorkingPoint is accrual based, while I've always run my business on a cash basis. This could cause a big headache at year end.

Feedback and Knowledge Base